Chief Operating Officer | True Virtual Data Center 2015 – 2019Responsible for directing and ensuring the quality and performance of day-to-day operations, including customer service, procurement, order provisioning, scheduling and task-setting. Maintain relationships with various partners, third-party service providers, and internal functional teams Ensure goals are met and collaborative relationships are fostered with key departments to build and maintain standardizations Supervise inquiries and escalations from […]
Responsible for directing and ensuring the quality and performance of day-to-day operations, including customer service, procurement, order provisioning, scheduling and task-setting.
- Maintain relationships with various partners, third-party service providers, and internal functional teams
- Ensure goals are met and collaborative relationships are fostered with key departments to build and maintain standardizations
- Supervise inquiries and escalations from customers, both internal and external, and work towards a timely resolution
- Manage execution on coordination, ordering, and delivery of network, power, and cage installations
- Ensure efficient and effective management of resources
- Provide regular metrics review for financial viability, operational KPI targets, quality assurance and client satisfaction
- Work with middle management team to automate wherever possible to reduce intervals for deliverables and remove the chances for “human error” on any repeatable process
- Mentor and develop team members by conducting performance reviews, setting goals, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities
Chief Operating Officer | WellCorpRx, LLC 2012 -2015- - - -
Directed operations for national healthcare company providing cutting-edge medical testing and procedures. Responsible for closing business with one of the largest county public school systems in the United States.
- Developed operational framework and processes to provide internal efficiencies and improve patient care.
- Spearheaded all aspects of HIPAA compliance and testing protocols company-wide.
- Managed diverse interdisciplinary teams including Physicians & Nurse Practitioners for the successful deployment of corporate client health initiatives and programs.
- Responsible for direct negotiations with healthcare payors such as United Healthcare, Cigna and Blue Cross / Blue Shield.
Chief Operating Officer | New Effect IT, LLC 2010 – 2012- - - -
Manage all day-to-day operations for privately held technology consulting company providing affordable technology. Full P&L responsibility. Products include application delivery, network/infrastructure management, security, helpdesk support and business continuity.
- Oversaw all aspects of virtual product development, management, and training for tech personnel and sales.
- Led product management organization with responsibility for driving product profitability and opportunity analysis; managing current product portfolio; spearheading future technology innovations; and directing technology support and systems integration.
- Developed partnerships with several GCC-based (Middle East) IT services companies, creating onshore/offshore model for development and support culminating in $1M IT services contract award.
Chief Operating Officer | Sago Networks, LLC 2006 – 2010- - - -
Recruited to direct all operations for this $150M privately held internet solutions company. Created cost/profitability models for new services, and directed complex/cross functional business and IT projects. Developed short and long term objectives. Led $20M budget and 55 staff.
- Developed and refined corporate policies, short & long term goals, objectives, processes and procedures aligning industry best practices.
- Managed and organized all phases of engineering, design, construction and operations including preventive maintenance programs of multiple data center facilities in Georgia and Florida.
- P&L Accountability for total data center operations, sales, and support.
- Developed a detailed model of corporate technology-related costs and revenues, yielding ability to:
- Understand the drivers of marginal costs.
- Assess the profitability of various pricing strategies.
- Develop marginal costs / profitability model of existing and new services & products, then implemented these strategies which increased margins by 25%.
- Direct management of complex/cross functional business / IT projects.
Vice President & Chief Operating Officer | Miami Wireless, Inc. 2004 – 2006- - - -
Repositioned core business model, leading to successful sale to UK enterprise. Managed e-commerce strategy and development roadmap, enabling company to secure long-term contract with key clients. Managed $250K budget and 13 staff.
- Piloted the repositioning of core business model by the assessment of current projects and technology implementation. (Ultimately leading to a successful acquisition by a large UK enterprise.)
- Developed and implemented the innovative business concept, policies, procedures, and technology infrastructure for core ISP operations.
- Designed, engineered, and supervised the deployment of a metropolitan wireless network infrastructure utilizing several bleeding edge technologies.
- Identified and evaluated industry and environmental drivers projected to impact wireless technologies and the suite of ancillary services provided. (Market penetration and expansion analysis)
- Fostered quality control and productivity processes and procedures.
- Planned, directed, and controlled procurement, contract management, and vendor selection processes.
- Managed the e-commerce strategy & development roadmap.
- The company was then able to secure long-term contracts with key development groups and prominent properties in the local area such as the Santa Maria, the Continuum, Il Villaggio, and the Metropolis.
VP / Chief Operating Officer | KEI Telecommunications 1998 – 2004- - - -
Oversee the company as a whole for day-to-day operations, budgets, and to ensure proper methodologies are adhered to. During this period, led the company in securing several major customers such as General Electric and Agility Recovery Solutions. Engineered and managed the deployment of the network infrastructure for Agility Recovery Solutions mobile recovery units which are deployed to support and recover failing mission critical systems & applications for many Fortune 100 - 1000 corporations such as IBM, Hewlett Packard, and FedEx.
- Lead in design and engineering for customer projects
- Evaluate and assess current projects and technology implementation
- Effectively define client proposal needs and ensures timely preparation
- Build high quality proposals including budget and schedule
- Establish director + level relationships with clients
- Manage client interactions
Director of Project Management | Volt Telecommunications Group 1997- 1998- - - -
Position entailed supervising the Business Systems Integration Group, which was responsible for managing large national accounts. (The group's scope includes system design, cost estimating, submitting proposals, and developing network standards for clientele.) Was responsible for delivering a common telecommunications infrastructure to approximately 2,500 Genuine Parts Service Centers (NAPA Auto Parts) nationwide and other support offices. The project provided shared telephone (voice) systems and local and wide area computer (data) networking as part of the infrastructure implementation of the Genuine Parts’ Service Centers. The shared voice and data networking capabilities promoted one-stop shopping for customers, decreased telecommunications costs, provided a common local telecommunications system, and the foundation necessary for Service Center re-engineering initiatives.
- Direct Project Managers and provide approvals for bids and proposals.
- Develop budget & revenue projections for all managed accounts and BSI organization as a whole.
- BSI Personnel selection, training, and discipline.
Sr. Project Manager | Millennium Communication Technologies 1993-1997- - - -
Managed implementation teams on projects (communications & access control system installations), receiving client recognition for outstanding levels of service provided. Developed solutions to increase revenues and build long-term customer base.
Other Responsibilities: Estimating and submitting proposals for upcoming projects, reviewing project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects. Organized projects into objectives to reach a consensus with clients on the scope, deliverables and timing. Organized client's feedback and identified interdependencies. Systematically recorded the details, prerequisites, and constraints to resolve issues and define task requirements. Monitored progress and facilitated the team and resources to complete tasks on time and under budget.